Many years ago during construction, Lake Monticello Golf Club took great care incorporating the natural contours of Piedmont Virginia’s rolling landscape into the golf course.
The Lake Monticello Owners Association engaged Billy Casper Golf to restore this once premiere golf destination. Quite simply, the golf course had lost its luster.
Buffalo TLC offered a transparent maintenance model – the Owners Association knows where every maintenance dollar is spent in returning the layout to its original elegance.
A cohesive planning and strategy process between Buffalo TLC and the Owners Association led to greater play-ability and dynamic presentation. Golfers from yesteryear returned, and rounds and revenue increased.
The Buffalo TLC Team implemented an
aggressive agronomic program:
• Increased turf density on fairways and tees
• Overseeded roughs with cool-season, tall fescue
• Cleaned hazards around lakes and streams
• Removed overgrown woody plants
• Eliminated broadleaf weeds on tees, fairways and roughs
• Provided better playing surfaces
• Upgraded overall presentation and course amenities
• Reduced labor costs while enhancing playability and aesthetics
• Implemented a capital plan for equipment replacement
A profound impact on the golf course at Lake Monticello … completely turned the conditions from extremely poor to outstandingHead Professional, Lake Monticello Golf Club
Result Drive Maintainance
• Dramatically improved conditions
during the first year of operation
• Came in under budget, resulting in a year-end credit to the Owners Association
• Realized 15% annual maintenance savings versus self-operation
• Earned local media recognition for the turnaround